Discrete Saturation | The Sound of the Vintage Recording Console
- Ads Old Recording Console Saturation
- NOS Germanium and Silicon Transistors
- Combination of Silicon and Germanium Diodes
- Ads the Diode Compressor Tone
- Completely Discrete Class A Signal Path
- Compatible with DIYRE Colour Format
Discrete Saturation is simple and effective way to get the Tone similar to the sound produced by Vintage Recording Consoles. Silicon and Germanium NOS transistors plus a combination of Silicon and Germanium Diodes is the secret of the Discrete Saturation Colour Module.
The audible distortion threshold point is set rather high providing the headroom which is very useful when the module is used for recording.
At lower and medium drive setting Discrete Saturation will introduce compression like effect similar to a diode bridge compressor.
It makes the signal sound “fatter” in a subtle way, focusing on minds and reducing high frequency content.If driven harder the signal clipping will become audible, but not harsh or aggressive.Discrete Saturation is perfect for recording and mastering.